Note:

Let me start by saying that I am not a vet. I am not a doggy nutritionist. I am not an expert. I am not recommending you practice what I practice, or that what I have decided that I feel is best for me and my dog, is best for you and your dog. I am simply sharing my experiences and opinions. If there is anything that I post on this page that strikes your interest PLEASE do your own research, and ALWAYS consult your veterinarian before making any lifestyle changes with your pet.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Not the World's Greatest Blogger

A few days into this and I am already getting behind.... Better late than never right?

Day Four:

  • 1/4 lb of raw pork neck
  • 1/2 lb of raw lean ground beef
  • 1/2 lb of raw turkey neck

Day Five:

  • 1 lb of raw, bone in chicken thighs

Day Six:

  • 1/2 lb of raw turkey neck
  • 1/2 lb of raw chicken hearts and gizzards

I have switched completely to the raw. I am only feeding her once a day right now because her tummy has been a little upset. I think I was throwing too many different types of meat at her too soon (i.e. chicken, pork, turkey, lamb, beef). I think if I had it to do again I would stick would just chicken until she is fully adjusted; then start adding in different things. WHICH if I would learn to pay attention to everything that I read, is what almost everyone recommends. Hind site is 20/20 right?

4 comments:

  1. are you fedding her by weight, like a pound of meat a day or how are you rationing it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should be 2-3% of their body weight. Since she isn't extremely active I trying 1 1/2 lbs roughly as a starting point, and I will increase/decrease as needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has been on a little less the past two days, since her stomach was a upset. She seems to be better today, and if she is still better tomorrow I will increase her back up to 1 1/2 lbs and twice a day feedings.

    ReplyDelete