Note:

Let me start by saying that I am not a vet. I am not a doggy nutritionist. I am not an expert. I am not recommending you practice what I practice, or that what I have decided that I feel is best for me and my dog, is best for you and your dog. I am simply sharing my experiences and opinions. If there is anything that I post on this page that strikes your interest PLEASE do your own research, and ALWAYS consult your veterinarian before making any lifestyle changes with your pet.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day Nine

Sorry that I have missed a few days, I have been a bit under the weather.

Breakfast:

  • 2 raw bone in, skinless chicken thighs (about 3/4 of a lb)
Dinner:

  • 1 raw bone in chicken thigh (this one had the skin on)
  • 1/4 of a lb of raw turkey necks (not for appealing if you ask me, but she didn't seem to mind)
  • 1/4 of a lb of raw chicken necks (same thought as the turkey necks, but at least they're smaller)
So I have Dakota back on twice a day feedings. Her stomach is no longer upset. And with the that I am going to share another benefit of raw diets (I have heard similar things about homemade cooked diets as well). Big dogs poop a lot right? Right. Well not anymore! Those big disgusting pills of dog poop are a thing of the past for me, and let me just say that this is awesome! You see I live in an apartment, and thus I have to walk around with little pick up bags and clean up after my dog. And not to go into a page long discussion on the specifics of my dogs bowl movements, but they have become about 1/6 (maybe less) the size of what they were a week ago. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment